Sunday, August 3, 2014

milk!

Colton drinks (goat's) milk 1x/day - in the morning, right when he wakes up, and from a bottle. I've tried switching to sippy cups, tried other times throughout the day, but nothing. He's only interested in 9oz in the morning. That's fine by me. Today, at lunch, he wasn't eating (unlike him). He had some water from a sippy cup and then threw it on the floor. I tried feeding him some more. Nada. I decided to try a little milk in a sippy cup. I did not sign 'milk' to him, just handed him the cup. He took one sip, set it down, and make the milk sign. Whaaa?! Fluke?! I picked up the sippy cup and fed him the milk. He took a sip, stopped, made the milk sign and shook his head. He started making the water sign. Picked up his water cup, and he drank from it! Insane! I haven't used the milk sign in a little while. It was one of the first signs I did with him and did it ALL THE TIME since he drank so much milk, but not recently. Impressed with my kid.

Along the same lines, Colton now signs 'night' to go to bed or take a nap. He'll come over, put his hand on his cheek, tilt his head, and clothes his eyes. Then he blows a kiss. I ask, do you want to go to bed? Yes, he says, and nods his head. Then he walks over to the stairs, opens the gate, and climbs up the stairs. Unreal.

In other news, our playgroup is infected with Hand, Foot, & Mouth. 3 of the kids have it. Of course, we hung out with 2 of the three right before they came down with it. If we don't get it, it'll be a miracle. Skipping lunch today freaks me out a bit...

No comments:

Post a Comment