Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Baltimore Book Festival 2014

What an awesome event for everyone, kids included!
We walked up to Mt. Vernon last year for the event, but obviously C was too young. This year, with it being in the Inner Harbor, it was much more convenient. I was able to take him all three days. They had kid tables and chairs set up to color, characters walking around, and so much more. So fun. These pictures are from the first day when we went with Liam and Ben. Is Liam not the cutest?!?

There was a table set up for free books. We didn't take any (obviously), but we did get a handout from them. This stat really got to me, so I thought I'd share:
Low-income families have 0-2 kids book on average in their home.
Middle-class families have 54 kids books on average in their home. 
Is that not the saddest thing you've ever heard? 
I'm going to explore this Maryland Book Bank a little more. 






No comments:

Post a Comment